Details Page

New Search | Advanced Search | Browse Terms | Catalog Main

Back to List


Click on associated records to see associated records.

See associated items Collection Number: MS0082
Collection Title: Church of the Epiphany parish register, 1862-1867
Creator: Church of the Epiphany (Brighton, Boston, Mass.)
Incl. Dates: 1862 -- -- --1867
Volume: 1 volume in phase box
History: The Church of the Epiphany Episcopal church was located on Washington Street in Brighton and was active between 1862 and 1870, when the church closed. Ministers included Rev. D. G. Haskins (1862-1866) and Rev. Benjamin Harley (1866-1867).
Description: Manuscript volume contains records of baptisms, confirmations, marriages, and funerals performed at the Church of the Epiphany in Brighton (now Boston) between 1862 and 1867. Indexed at front. Also includes records of services held, the number of attendants, names of the officiants, time of each service; a list of teachers and students of the Sunday school; offertory collections and disbursements; and an annotated list of parishioners. Newsclippings (dated ca. 1862-64) provide information about the Episcopal Church services held in Brighton in 1854, the opening of the church, and funds raised for its completion. The register was maintained by Rev. D. G. Haskins (1862-2 Dec. 1866) and his successor Rev. Benjamin Harley (Dec. 1866-20 Dec. 1867), when he resigned.
Personal: Haskins, D. G. (Reverend) --Hartley, Benjamin (Reverend)
Corporate: Church of the Epiphany (Brighton)
Topic: Parish registers --Episcopal Church
Geographic: Massachusetts --Brighton (Boston, Mass.)
Assoc. Matl:
Index: Internal index
Notes:

Back to List

Searching provided by:


New Search | Advanced Search | Browse Terms | Catalog Main